ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES - PRINT
- Retail/ROP. Advertising that appears within the newspaper itself along with news content. Sections include Main, Virginia, Extra, Sports, and others.
- Classifieds. A separate section of the newspaper that contains only advertising. Ads can be display ads or liner/in-column ads. At The Roanoke Times, we have four main classified sections: Jobs, Cars, Homes and Marketplace.
- Who: All subscriber households, and most non-subscriber households.
- When: Tuesday - Sunday to subscribers; Friday to non-subscribers.
- Where: Across our 19-country distrubtion area to subscribers; most Roanoke Metro and New River Valley households to non-subscribers.
- Benefit: Inserts provide more space to showcase products, services or staff, or to explain complex information. Readers describe the inserts as one of their favorite parts of The Roanoke Times!
- Who: Subscriber and non-subscriber households.
- When: Any available day (limited to one Sticky Note or Delivery Bag advertiser per day).
- Where: Zoning ranges from ZIP Code to Full Distribution. Talk to your account executive for more information.
- Benefit: Placed on the front of many sections, this ad provides high impact and exclusive positioning in a format customers can keep. Ask about our specialized sticky notes, including tear-offs, bar codes and more!
- Who: Subscriber households.
- When: Any available day (limited to one Delivery Bag or Sticky Note advertiser per day).
- Where: Full Distribution.
- Benefit: A great way to engage customers with your advertising message. Your ad gets "hands-on" contact with consumers as they remove their newspaper from the bag. Can include product samples.
- Who: The Roanoke Times readers.
- When: Any available day. Same section, under benefit, delete "Choose from one to multiple Sundays."
- Where: Full Distribution.
- Benefit: Your advertising message will stand out in this high-impact,exclusive position on the front of this popular, family-oriented section. Choose from one to multiple Sundays. Available for our Extra, Sports, Comics and Classified sections.
- Who: non-subscriber households.
- When: Fridays.
- Where: Major ZIP codes in Roanoke City and Roanoke County; Salem, Botetourt County, Rocky Mount, Smith Mountain Lake area, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Radford; and parts of Floyd and Pulaski.
- Benefit: Sending inserts to non-subscriber households provides virtual market saturation of your advertising message in selected areas.
- Who: Area job seekers. Racked locations, with occational in-paper distribution.
- When: Mondays.
- Where: 500 targeted locations in the Roanoke Metro area, the New River Valley and Lynchburg.
- Benefit: Extends recruitment efforts with a highly visable publication distributed for free.