Show off your holiday lights and you could win an iPad! Enter your photo by December 13. Winner will be selected by popular vote.
Roanoke crews responded to the victim in the 1000 block of Morgan Avenue on Tuesday evening.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
A person smoking while using oxygen was transported to University of Virginia Medical Center with second- and third-degree burns Tuesday night.
Roanoke Fire-EMS spokeswoman Tiffany Bradbury said crews were called to the 1000 block of Morgan Avenue about 6:40 p.m. Tuesday to assist a burn victim.
The patient had sustained the burns smoking while on oxygen, Bradbury said. The person was taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital before being transferred to UVa.
She said the person's condition was not known late Wednesday.
Weather JournalWarmth next 2 days hits icy wall