Show off your holiday lights and you could win an iPad! Enter your photo by December 13. Winner will be selected by popular vote.
Police are asking for the public's help in locating Damonta Jybrell Ingram, 19.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Roanoke police on Tuesday continued looking for the second person charged in the fatal May 7 shooting of Wilson Lenin Abarca-Mejia and released a photo of the suspect.
Damonta Jybrell Ingram, 19, of Roanoke, was indicted Monday by a grand jury and charged with murder in Abarca-Mejia's death but has not been arrested. He is the man who had been described as a suspect following the shooting.
Abarca-Mejia, 30, was found dead in the 1400 block of Abbott Street Northwest, having been shot in the back, according to search warrants filed in Roanoke Circuit Court. Another man, Juan Berrios, was injured in the incident.
Blood was found in a Toyota RAV4 the men had been driving, according to the warrant. Investigators also searched Berrios' cellphone for evidence in the case, a warrant said.
Anita Otey, 19, was arrested May 11 and charged with murder in the incident. Monday evening, officers searched a home in the 1300 block of Lafayette Boulevard Northwest looking for Ingram, according to police spokeswoman Aisha Johnson.
Johnson said he was not found. Police are asking for the public's assistance in locating Ingram, she said. Anyone with information about Ingram's location is asked to call 911.
Weather Journal7 wintry scenarios for Sunday