Win tickets to see the smash hit musical Mamma Mia at the Roanoke Civic Center. Two winners will each receive four tickets!
JOEL HAWKSLEY | The Roanoke Times
Officials respond to a fire Wednesday in the 1400 block of Gilmer Avenue Northwest in Roanoke.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Four people were displaced after a house fire Wednesday afternoon in northwest Roanoke. No one was injured.
Firefighters were called at 12:27 p.m. to the 1400 block of Gilmer Avenue and had the fire on the second floor under control within a few minutes, Roanoke Fire-EMS Capt. R.T. Flora said.
Neighbors told firefighters no one was home at the time and crews found no one injured, Flora said.
The fire was caused by unattended smoldering cooking, said Roanoke Fire-EMS spokeswoman Tiffany Bradbury. Two adults and two children are being assisted by the American Red Cross, she said.
Weather JournalStorm track isn't very snowy for us