Show off your holiday lights and you could win an iPad! Enter your photo by December 13. Winner will be selected by popular vote.
TIFFANY HOLLAND | The Roanoke Times
A house fire damaged two homes in southwest Roanoke on Thursday.
Saturday, September 7, 2013
A Thursday night fire in southwest Roanoke that displaced three residents has been ruled accidental, investigators said Friday.
Crews responded to the blaze in the 100 block of 14th Street about 8:04 p.m. and had the fire under control by 8:20 p.m., according to Roanoke Fire-EMS spokeswoman Tiffany Bradbury.
Firefighters found flames coming from a second story window of the house when they arrived, Bradbury said. Three residents had escaped when crews arrived, and no one was injured.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents, Bradbury said. The fire caused about $12,000 in damage.
Bradbury said investigators determined that the fire was electrical in nature.
Weather JournalEarly mix, then ice storm Sunday