Business promotions and recognitions: May 26, 2013
Compiled by DANIELLE DUNAWAY; email@example.com, 981-3340
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at http://www.roanoke.com/news/business/nameschanges/1631579-12/names--changes-submission-guidelines.html
Sunday, May 26, 2013
- Richard Sorensen, retiring dean of the Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech, was presented with the Distinguished Leadership Award of Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
- Luke Lester has been named head of the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech.
- Clayton Caswell, a bacteriologist in the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech, has been awarded the Makela-Cassell Travel Award for Early Career Scientists by the American Society for Microbiology and the Federation of European Microbiological Societies.
- Mary Miller, founder and president of Interactive Design and Development, is the Virginia Tech College of Engineering Distinguished Alumna for 2013.
- Dr. Michael Erskine has been named interim director of Virginia Tech’s Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center.
- Valley Bank announced the following changes to its staff: Brad Harris has joined as senior vice president and business banking officer; Alan Miller has joined as assistant vice president and business banking officer; Mary Williams has joined as assistant vice president, mortgage office manager and closing coordinator; Jerry Bradley has been promoted to senior vice president of finance; Brent Jenkins has been promoted to assistant vice president and downtown branch manager; Connie Smith, Linda Saunders and Bonnie Ferguson were promoted to bank officer; and Shannan Crosswhite has been promoted to branch manager at the Salem branch.
- Aimee Ward has been named a new financial representative of Valley Financial Solutions.
- Jennifer Gordon has been appointed branch manager of the Carter Bank and Trust southeast Roanoke office.
- Amanda Dooley has been named director of financial management of real estate entities for McLeod Enterprises.
- Elizabeth Guilbert Perrow, an attorney with Woods Rogers PLC, has been named one of Virginia’s Most Influential Women by Virginia Lawyers Media.
- G. Michael Pace Jr. has been appointed Roanoke College’s first general counsel.
- Sandy Hausman of WVTF Public Radio and Radio IQ received a national award for investigative reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists.
- Susan Foley has joined Virginia Interventional Pain and Spine Center as a certified medical assistant.
- R. Frank Fox Jr. has joined Nancy’s Candy Co. as plant manager in its headquarters facility in Meadows of Dan.
- The Science Museum of Western Virginia has added six people to its staff: Guy Byrd, assistant animal care specialist; Megan Downing, museum store manager; Kristie Thompson, visitor services manager; Sarah Van Zele, membership coordinator; Matt Wirt, marketing manager; and Jinnee Young, administrative assistant to the executive director.
- William Walton has been named the director of business operations and fiscal affairs for the Graduate School at Virginia Tech.
- Nancy Page of Page & Associates in Christiansburg was named Realtor of the Year for 2012 by the New River Valley Association of Realtors.
Friday, December 13, 2013