- Robert Michael Doherty of Brumberg, Mackey & Wall has been named to the 2013 Virginia Super Lawyers list.
- Eugene Elliott Jr. has been elected chairman of the Conference of Local Bar Associations of the Virginia State Bar. He will also serve on the Virginia State Bar Council and its Executive Committee.
- Paul Black of Spilman Thomas & Battle has been appointed a U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge for the Western District of Virginia by the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Gentry Locke Rakes & Moore has named the following 16 members to the 2013 Virginia Super Lawyers listing: Rudy Austin, Thomas Bondurant Jr., Matthew Broughton, Franklin Flippin, William Gust, Gregory Haley, Guy Harbert III, Paul Klockenbrink, Brett Marston, Monica Monday, S.D. Roberts Moore, Michael Pace Jr., David Paxton, William Rakes, Scott Sexton and Bruce Stockburger.
- Bob Lutjen has retired from his position as communications manager for the American Red Cross Appalachian Blood Services Region.
- Dr. Linda Beahm and Dr. Tina Smusz were recently named medical directors for Carilion Clinic Hospice.
- Rhonda Morgan has been named executive director of the Blacksburg Museum and Cultural Foundation.
- The Botetourt County Chamber of Commerce announced officers and directors for 2013-14. Officers: Scott Winter, president; Pete Pearl, first vice president; Dan Babish, second vice president; Travis Jones, past president; Dan Naff, secretary/treasurer. Directors: Anita Arnold, Dustin Cole, Chris Copenhaver, Cassandra Dove, Sam Foster, Stephanie Frost, Mary Ann Layman, Pete Peters, Scott Stevens, Shay Stevens, Angie Stroop, Dan Taylor and Pete Wood.
- Gerald Duncan, treasurer for Giles County, was named the 2013 Treasurer of the Year by the Treasurer's Association.
- Paul Oh has been named director of international sales for Asia by Whitley's Peanut Factory.
- Deborah Freed, alternative transportation manager at Virginia Tech, was recently named the 2013 Extraordinary Bike Professional by RIDE Solutions.
- David Hubble has been promoted to vice president of finance and accounting at HHHunt, focused in the properties division.
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at www.roanoke.com/namesandchanges