Compiled by CASEY RICHEY; firstname.lastname@example.org, 981-3340
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at www.roanoke.com/namesandchanges
Sunday, September 15, 2013
- Roop Mahajan, director of the Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science at Virginia Tech, received the 75th Anniversary Medal of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Heat Transfer Division.
- Ken Stiles, a lecturer in the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the geography department in the College of Natural Resources and Environment at Virginia Tech, has received the career commendation medal from the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Michael Wolfe has been appointed assistant professor in the department of accounting and information systems at Virginia Tech.
- American National University announced the following new staff members: Edward Avella, executive director of university development; Bridget Moore, executive director of program development; Keith Nordmann, executive director of online education; Jill Sluss, publications editor; and Annette Shaw and Angelica Wagner, corporate training executives.
- Terry Clements, associate professor of landscape architecture in the College of Architecture and Urban Studies at Virginia Tech, has been named a fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- Heidi Lane, senior director of evaluation and assessment at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, was named an honorary professor at Kazan State Medical University in Russia.
- HomeTown Bank has announced the following promotions: Amanda Perdue, banking officer financial specialist at the Westlake branch, and Bradley Frost, banking office loan operations specialist.
- Several area law firms announced lawyers named to the Best Lawyers in America listing for 2014.
- Mundy, Rogers & Associates: Marshall Mundy and Frank Rogers.
- Roy Creasy, Attorney at Law: Roy Creasy.
- Law Office of Linda Slough: Linda Slough.
- Melissa Stacy, news director with WSLS (Channel 10), has been elected to the board of directors of the Virginia Associated Press Broadcasters.
- Dr. Jeffrey Miller, director of clinical operations for Tuck Chiropractic Clinic's offices in the New River and Roanoke valleys, has received certification as a medical compliance specialist.
- Dr. Delmas Bolin has established Performance Medicine of Southwestern Virginia, an outpatient medical practice for family, sports and sleep medicine.
- Kate Steinbacher, president of The Coaching Advantage, and Susan Willis, CEO and founder of TransformED Leadership, were named as members of the board of advisors for Christina Motley LLC.
- Ardell Stone School of Dancing announced the following new hires: April Martin, Lydia Tran, Chanada Turner and Ashley Beamer, instructors. In addition, Brandi Holland has been promoted to instructor.
- Ann Gardner, deputy commonwealth's attorney for Alleghany County, has been appointed to the board of corrections by Gov. Bob McDonnell.
- Chelsea Dyer has been hired as a Realtor by Gwyn & Harmon, Realtors.