Frequently asked questions about reprints
- Do I need permission from The Roanoke Times to use its content?
- Yes. Complete the reprint permission form to use an article or photo produced by a Roanoke Times staffer or correspondent in a book, magazine or other publication. The Roanoke Times cannot grant permission to reprint any article or photo from a wire service.
- How do I get a copy of an article or photo for framing?
- Pages from our publications and photos taken by Roanoke Times staff photojournalists or correspondents are available for purchase via MyCapture. The Roanoke Times does not sell electronic copies of photos or pages (.jpg or .pdf) unless reprint permission for publication in another medium has been granted.
- Can I get permission to photocopy an article from The Roanoke Times?
- No. To purchase a copy of a page or photo, please see the link above.
- Can I use a Roanoke Times article about my business or organization on a website or in promotional material?
- No. All content, both text and photos, produced by The Roanoke Times is copyrighted and cannot be used for advertising or promotion. You can, however, link to articles on our website.
- How do I obtain a back issue of The Roanoke Times?
- Call 540-981-3211 to purchase a copy of the newspaper within 30 days of publication. Older issues are not available for sale.
- How can I get text-only copies of Roanoke Times articles?
- All articles written by The Roanoke Times since 1990 are available through our online search of our print-only archives. Copies of the newspaper, including issues published prior to 1990, are available on microfilm at the Roanoke and Salem public libraries.
- Have a question that hasn't been addressed here?
Email our newsroom