Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Cooking fire displaces 2 in Roanoke

Cooking fire displaces 2 in Roanoke

{{featured_button_text}}
040821_hackley_ave_fire

No one was injured by the fire reported just after 2 p.m. in the 300 block of Hackley Avenue Northwest, officials said.

A cooking fire displaced two people and a pair of kittens Thursday afternoon in northwest Roanoke, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.

The flareup, extinguished within six minutes of fire trucks responding, was reported just after 2 p.m. in the 300 block of Hackley Avenue.

Crews arrived to find smoke issuing from a townhome. Two kittens were rescued, officials said, and no one was injured.

The residents will be displaced but are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking, officials said.

The fire department reminded home chefs to always stand watch over their stoves and grills.

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

A new bridge is being built at Barnhardt Creek near where the small stream flows into the Roanoke River near Cook Drive. Its completion later this year will allow a person parked at the Cook Drive parking area to walk, run or bike a 4-mile loop on the greenway path.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News

Sports Breaking News

News Alert