Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
3 displaced by Roanoke County apartment fire

3 displaced by Roanoke County apartment fire

Only $5 for 5 months
copper croft

One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation in the Wednesday morning fire at Copper Croft Apartments in the 4300 block of Electric Road.

Three tenants of an apartment complex near Tanglewood Mall were displaced Wednesday morning after a fire broke out in their apartment, according to Roanoke County Fire and Rescue.

The fire was caused by a mechanical issue with the air conditioning and heat pump, officials said.

One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but did not go to the hospital, officials said.

Crews responded at 7:50 a.m. to Copper Croft Apartments in the 4300 block of Electric Road (Virginia 419), where they found light smoke showing from a second-floor apartment, officials said. Crews brought the fire under control within 30 minutes.

The apartment’s occupants, two adults and a child, evacuated safely. They will be assisted by Copper Croft management, officials said.

The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office estimated damages to be $15,000.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News

Sports Breaking News

News Alert